Sunday, March 27, 2011

PodCasting

I went into this assignment with some knowledge of pod casting but soon found out how little that knowledge was.  I have not used pod casting but can clearly see how very useful it could be in the class room. I have a daughter who is slightly dyslectic which makes reading a chore. I can see where using a pod cast could be a great help to a student who struggles with reading. So many students who are very bright can struggle just because they read slow. I can also see where using pod casting could eliminated the confusion about a home work assignment. The teacher could use it to clearly state what is need and how an assignment can be accomplished. I can think of some cool ways to engage students by having them hunt down a pod cast that reflects their own interests. The only downfall I see is policing what they are listening to, but policing and keeping students on track is all part of the job.

Pod casting is similar and yet different from other web 2.0 applications. The both allow the student easy access to information but pod casting seems a little more specific when it comes to information. Plus it is a no brainer upload to your device.

I will be purchasing an Ipod in the near future and will most definatly use pod casts. I can also see using them in my classroom to futher engage and help my students.

References:

Jonassen, D.,Howland, J., Marra, R., & Crismond, D. (2008) Meaningful Learning with Technology (3rd ed.) Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment